The International Association for Relationship Research (IARR) is an interdisciplinary organization that strives to (a) promote advances in the scientific study of personal and social relationships, and (b) encourage collaboration among students, new scholars and experienced scholars. IARR resulted from the integration of two prior organizations (the International Society for the Study of Personal Relationships, the International Network on Personal Relationships) and has worked to maintain the high standards set by each organization.
IARR members represent a broad range of disciplines, such as family studies, psychology, communication, sociology, child/lifespan development, gerontology, education, clinial work (e.g., counseling, therapy), philosophy, and anthropology. As a non-profit organization, IARR encourages cooperation among social scientists worldwide and supports the application of research findings in bettering individuals' relationships.
The organization has members from six of the seven continents, and sponsors two journals (Personal Relationships, Journal of Social and Personal Relationships), a newsletter (Relationship Research News), a book series (Advances in Personal Relationships) and workshops/conferences. In addition, IARR hosts a biennial conference and annual workshops and specialty conferences. Recent conferences have been held in Australia, Poland, Israel, and the USA.
- President: Dan Perlman
- Vice-President & President-Elect: Jeffry A. Simpson
- Past President: Christopher R. Agnew
- Secretary & Treasurer: Leah Bryant
- Program Committee Chair: Rebecca Pinkus
- Publications Committee Chair: John Caughlin
- Member-at-Large: Emily Impett
- Member-at-Large: Susan Boon
- New Professional Representative: Kendra Knight
- Awards: Scott Christopher
- International: Gery Karantzas
- Future Conferences: Sue Sprecher
- Membership: Rozzana Sanchez Aragon
- Mentoring: Jennifer Theiss
- Media Relations: Bjarne Holmes
- Teaching: Kelly Campbell
- Website Maintenance: Science of Relationships web development team
- Journal of Social and Personal Relationships: Mario Mikulincer
- Personal Relationships: Julie Fitness (incoming) and Lorne Campbell (masthead)
- Relationship Research News: Marian Morry (current) and Justin Lehmiller (incoming)
- Advances in Personal Relationships: Anita Vangelisti, Chris Agnew, John Caughlin, & Sue Sprecher